Daily Times Herald
February 20, 2009
The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.
|A concerned citizen talks about military exercises in Iowa.|
The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.
Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.
Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia to identify possible locations of the weapons dealer.
The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of the arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect.
Research related articles:
- Iowa National Guard Rolls Back Arcadia Invasion
- Urban Warfare Drills Linked To Coming Economic Rage
- Miami police plans urban test of Honeywell’s micro-UAV
- Recruits With Bad Conduct Promoted Faster
- London Cops Use “Knife Crime” as an Excuse to Conduct Searches
- U.S. Army conducting training exercises in cities, towns
- Layoffs Rise 68 Percent in April
- Free Speech is Disorderly Conduct in Corpus Christi
- California Plans to Spray Pesticide Over Urban San Francisco, Marin County and the East Bay
- Audio: The Alex Jones Show, April 9, 2008
- New Orleans On Notice for Military Training
- Yukihisa Fujita back for another round - April 24th, 2008